+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Print Your Own Footy

Default Print Your Own Footy

I've shared pictures of the progress Selwyn Holland and I have made developing 3D Footy hulls. Now is your chance to try it for yourself!

I've posted the .stl files to print my latest Footy design, Green Hornet, on Thingiverse here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2611611

Hope you will have fun giving it a go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7073.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	750.5 KB
ID:	16591Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7075.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	881.4 KB
ID:	16592

Default Re: Print Your Own Footy

Thanks, bill, it looks great, I've downloaded the files and will try it next week!

That's Awesome Bill

Can you add it to the group "RC Sailing" on Thingiverse? That group existed and it's cool if we all drop our STL's into it to make it easier for people to find all the RC yacht suff in one place

I thought 3-D printed objects were brittle, and break apart easily? FWIW, for the cost of a 3-D printer, I'd still build a footy from scratch with ply or balsa.
    Sail honest.
    Rock music.

Tomo, it is a misconception that they break easily. Several 3D Footys raced this last season here in the Northeast without problems. Selwyn has been racing 3D rg65s and IOMs with great success. See more about our projects here: https://3dprintedradioyachts.com/

The cost of a printer is an issue. I suggest a club buy one and make it available to all members. If one club member is a designer, and one is a techie, everyone can benefit.

+ Reply to Thread