Hybrid View

Default Opti-Footy: gift idea for Christmas

For Christmas in family: The Opti-Footy

Click image for larger version

Name:	Opti-footy rouge 3.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	14138

Born to a request of my sailing club of "real" boats to introduce toddlers to the great principles of sailing , the Opti-Footy is used primarily as a teaching tool . So, with this tool, the children understand very quickly that front wind a boat is not moving, that downwind must shock sheet, etc ... and that not enough peak tensioned creates a bad wrinkles in the mainsail ... A Opti-Footy session proves to be more effective than a theoretical course of the same duration ... and much more fun.
    Another advantage of the thing, by very light air, beginners kids bored on their boats ... a small meeting Opti-Footy before sailing has a strong tendency to motivate young troops ...
    The Opti-Footy has quickly seduces children who love it and monitors sailing club . For the oldest , coaches quickly saw the value of the formula to instill in their students the challenges of strategic positions boats , reading of the water and the effect of a lifted or a refusal on vessel position .
    Coaches have also be used to explain the positions and "Match Race" rules .

For children and adults , the Opti-Footy therefore delight young and old.

Design / construction:

Given the "club" use by people who are not necessarily for modellers , it was necessary to design a robust and reliable model , appropriate economic and easily repairable .

The plans were extrapolated from the real plans of the " Optimist " , adapted to the Footy class, the freeboard was increased slightly and the hollower hull , deck plan is the exact reproduction of the existing model, an "Optimist" has a length / width ratio of 1 to 2, the Opti- Footy fits perfectly into the Footy gauge.

The hull is 3mm Depron and is very simple to build (6 items cut : bottom, 2 sides , aft transom , forward transom and the central couple) , the rig is carbon tube 3 and 4 mm , requiring no piercing, the Z was made with stainless steel hook 2.7mm for slate , the keel and the rudder are made of aluminum. The radio transmitter / receiver T2M 2.4GHz 2-way, rudder servo : micro servo Power HD- D65HB , sail servo : Hitec HS- 82MG on cassette , sailing made with plastic bag.

performance :

Although the Opti-Footy was not designed for the purpose of performance, it appears that it is doing pretty well . But not as good as a model of competition , the Opti-Footy is doing very honorably a game against pure racing models which makes it an introduction to boat regatta.
    Its control is very easy, the boat is very responsive and because it is very weighted , it is very tolerant , which was the goal in this case for the sailing club.

Plans:

The plans will be released when I have a little time to put them to own ! But if many of you ask me , I 'll make sure to send them before Christmas ...

Jean-François Bessière
    French Footy Registrar
    Last edited by Footy 76; 12-10-2013 at 05:09 AM.

Default Re: Opti-Footy: gift idea for Christmas

Great idea and very nice gift for Christmas !
    Good opportunity, before my PC is going off for removal, to wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !
    ClaudioD

Click image for larger version

Name:	mini_170119085911962101.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	15925

Hello all of you,

Here find the plans.

http://france-footy-rc.space-forums....-b-c-t159.html

http://france-footy-rc.space-forums....y-t129s10.html

For information, many Opti-Footy are built in France, and we expect to create a new class of monotype...

Jean-François Bessière
    French Registrar
    Last edited by Footy 76; 01-19-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Bonjour Jean-François
    Après trois ans et demi voila ton retour, dommage que les liens que tu indique je n’arrive pas à les ouvrir : - error 404 –
    Claudio

Hi Jean-François
    after 3.5 year you are back, but unfortunately I can't open your kinks : "error 404"
    ClaudioD

Hi Claudio -

his two links opened for me. Windows 7 with Firefox browser

Dick

Hi Dick, I used Windows XP, it may be the cause ?
    Cheers
    Claudio

+ Reply to Thread