+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FOOTY WORLD CUP 2012 - Sestriere , Italy , 21 / 22 July

Default FOOTY WORLD CUP 2012 - Sestriere , Italy , 21 / 22 July

Dear friends,

I am happy to inform the world that next international footy event will be organized here in Italy.

We ( Bill Hagerup, Thomas Grimm and me ) have decided to rename the former Footy Euro Grand Prix , invented by Angus Richardson, as FOOTY WORLD CUP in order to underline the growing international class activity outside Europe.

Place of the championship will be Sestriere, a small wonderful mountain village in the north of Italy ( nearest international airport is Turin ).

Date will be 21 / 22 July 2012 ( saturday, sunday - as usual - )

Race fied will be a small pond almost free from ducks, swans, waves, weeds, coast guard patrol boats, and other unpleasant disturbing factors.

Unfortunately , we can't give assurance about the usual percentage of idiots asking competitors : " sir, where is the propeller ? "

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0170.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	9752

Name:	DSCI2178.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	9750

I say "almost" due to the fact that there are huge underwater sturgeons sometime interested to eat race buoys

Name:	DSCI2205.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	9751

Accommodations will be plenty, cheap and very close from the race area.
    One of the hotel is on the lake. I mean that you can - if you wish - even steer your footy from your bedroom , taking advantage of improved visibility.
    ( above mentioned hotel is the ugly block shaped building shown below )

Name:	DSCI2197.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	9753

Selected location seems to have as remarkable bonus to be is very "wifefriendly" as well "childrenfriendly".

( during a preliminary feasibility phase of the organization, not less than three well known modellers have informed me about their "wife clearance" green light for the proposed trip to Italy )

Name:	Immag0523.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	935.0 KB
ID:	9754

During next days we will start to release more detailed informations about the event.

Stay tuned...

Flavio on behalf of the Italian Footy Tribe

Default Re: FOOTY WORLD CUP 2012 - Sestriere , Italy , 21 / 22 July

I'm one of the three that Flavio mentioned

Sheila and I will be attending....reservations aren't final, but we will probably arrive in Sestriere on Thursday, stay in the hotel on the pond for the racing, then go back to Turin Sunday night and stay there for a couple days of sightseeing. We welcome suggestions about what to see and where to stay in Turin...Sheila has been looking at tour books in the local library

We are looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones, too.

Bill

Hi Bill and Flavio.
    with wife and dog, also I will spend my vacation with you. Look forward to exciting days and a relaxed sailing with you. Am already hard working in the construction of a new footy. I've totally redesigned my Conrad. Positive core is finished. Am now to make a form. As a sail rig MC.
    Greetings from Germany/Neu-Ulm

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by mudhenk27 View Post
    ...then go back to Turin Sunday night and stay there for a couple days of sightseeing. We welcome suggestions about what to see and where to stay in Turin...Sheila has been looking at tour books in the local library
    Bill
    Hi Bill,
    I’m one of the Italian footy tribe, I’ll be with you for the competition in Sestriere and I work and live in Turin.

Turin is a big and beautiful city with a lot of things very beautiful to see… could be that is not sufficient few weeks to see only partially… in two days there are a lot of choices
    If you or other competitors have any preferences (arts, museum, monuments, natural parks, history, archaeology, other) you’d contact me and I’d give you any suggestion in order to spend in the best way your few days in Turin.

You could contact me also by MP on the forum or better by Email to urca@progetto-urca.com
    Bye
    Last edited by Claudio v; 02-06-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Default FOOTY WORLD CUP 2012 - Sestriere , Italy , 21 / 22 July

First update :

- Gianluca Montecchi, our computer wizard has been once again skilled enough to create - on short notice - an initial version of the championship official website :

http://www.footyworldcup2012.it

So far this is an almost empty box , but we will add a lot of useful informations and links as soon as possible.

During phase one we will focus on logistic matters ( where to sleep and eat, how to arrive on the race location ) in order to enable all potential competitors to carry out their own budget and timeframe estimations.

We will discuss about starting procedures and other competitive activities during following months.

Our policy will be to suggest several options and to give you relevant links to hotels, restaurants and so on.

Meantime please feel free to ask us for "unusual" requests.

We have received an enquire about the possibility to carry out fishing activities on the lake :-)

( so far it seems that a special license is not required, but we will give you a final answer about the matter during next days )

Flavio
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI2182.JPG‎
Views:	157
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	9820   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0187.JPG‎
Views:	183
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	9819  
    Last edited by Flavio; 02-21-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Default About Sestriere

miss sestriere.bmpAs promised we will release during next days more detailed informations about hotel accommodation and transportation between Sestriere and the International airport of Torino Caselle .

Today I will add something new about race location :

[I]Sestriere township rises up to 2035 metres altitude and links the Chisone and Susa valleys in Piedmont, only a few kilometres from France. It spreads on a surface of 2580 hectares with 900 inhabitants at December 31st 2008.

Name:	sestriere2.jpg
Views:	1057
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	9896

Name:	imagesCAW2CLLR.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	9897

Name:	sestriere-3.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	9898

Sestriere consists of four built up areas: Sestriere Colle, Sestriere Borgata, Champlas du Col and Champlas Janvier. Sestriere is historically renowned for its international tourism and is a sure reference point as it has time again been selected to stage important sporting events such as the Alpine Ski World Championships in 1997 and the Olympic Winter Games in 2006 together with the Paralympic Games.

It is at the heart of the extensive Vialattea ( Milky Way ) ski area that offers skiers the possibility to link to five other ski resorts making a total of 400 km of slopes, many of them are artificially snowed and with ski-lifts and chair lifts for disabled.

For the joy of mountain lovers, the Monterotta area offers a 10 km cross-country track and in front of the ski lifts you can ice skate in the open air rink.
    An 18 hole golf course (one of the more highest in Europe), an open air swimming pool, a natural lake equipped for fishing and the opportunity to explore the rich, uncontaminated alpine nature also makes the area enjoyable during the summer season.

All year round, Sestriere offers the possibility to play mountain-bike, soccer, tennis, volleyball, badminton, table tennis, squash, body building or even to relax in a sauna or hot room and to tan in a solarium.

Last but not least , Sestriere has been selected for Beauty contests

Name:	prev4.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	9900

Gianluca Montecchi ( the person in charge for the championship website ) reports me that , according some electronic trick I have not been able to understand, we have been contacted ( among the others ) from following countries :

- Saudi Arabia
    - Latvia
    - Brazil
    - South Africa
    - Tunisia
    - Romania
    - Estonia
    - Germany
    - Colombia
    - Chile
    - Bulgaria
    - China
    - Argentina

amazing..!

Flavio

visit us at http://www.footyworldcup2012.it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	imagesCABDD2Z3.jpg‎
Views:	148
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	9899  
    Last edited by Flavio; 02-21-2012 at 08:21 AM.

Default Hotel Lago Losetta

A brief update about the championship,

first of all I wish to add a bit more information about how to sleep and how to eat.

As explained on my previous posts , there is an hotel on the lake where the championship will be organized.

Even if other alternative solutions are possible, ranging from a camping up to a ten stars deluxe suite, this location will be our suggested one.

Name of the hotel is Hotel Lago Losetta ( lago means - of course - "lake" )

their web site is www.hotellagolosetta.it

this is the building

Name:	1236374.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	9949

Name:	HOTEL-LAGO-LOSETTA-WINTER.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	9950

Name:	img.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	9951

Name:  1236383.gif
Views: 956
Size:  2.4 KB

these are the rooms

Name:	camera.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	9953

Name:	room a.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	9954

Name:	room b .jpg
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	9955

there is a ( cheap ! ) restaurant

Name:	restaurant .jpg
Views:	131
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	9956

Name:	restaurant b .jpg
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	9957

and there is also a conference room that we hope to be able to use for skipper's meeting, competitors registration and prizegiving

Name:	conference room .jpg
Views:	106
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	9958

They have not yet defined a price list for next summer, but they assured me that it will be released soon , and that prices for july are almost the same of "winter low season" .

rates for person/day in double room 55 eur ( bed and breakfast "B&B" ) or 60 eur ( bed, breakfast and dinner - half board "HB" )

double room / single use + 40%

3rd day 10% off

5th day 40% off

3 rd bed : 0/3 years free, 4/8 years -50%, 9/12 years -30%, adults -15%

Sky TV free, internet free, indoor garage free

On request it will be possible to ask for transportation to - for Torino caselle airport : 150 eur + 10 eur/ person

one person only on a car : 160 eur

a group of 8 persons on a van : 150+80=230 230/8= 28.75 eur/ person

( cheaper shuttle bus service between airport and sestriere is also available )

see details on attached info sheet :

winter price list .pdf

on the event web site www.footyworldcup2012.it you will find other details about food&bed solutions

+

I am pleased to give notice, that for the very first time we will see a Footy team from Slowenia entering the footydom.

Erik Jankovic, a young modeller from this young nation with an ancient heritage of skilled sailors , sent my a nice photo of his "Spade" footy

Name:	SLO 1 - spade - erik jankovic .jpg
Views:	185
Size:	527.1 KB
ID:	9960

Erik informed me that he will take part to the championship

My good polish friend Pawel, will be the national registrar for this nation

I hope this championship will be a nice opportunity to see other newcomers among competitors

Stay tuned

Flavio for the Italian Footy Tribe

Default Footy gold cup

Following several e-mails between me, Roger Stollery, Bill Hagerup and Thomas Grimm we have decided to rename - once again - the title of the contest.

Roger, correctly, pointed out the potential troubles related to the use of the taboo word "world".

Use of titles such "world" or "international" cannot be used without the approval of ISAF, the controlling body of sailing, and you need to be an ISAF approved class if you are considering running a World Championship.

If the 'World' or 'International' words are used in the title of an event, then ISAF will take action to make all the skippers taking part in the Footy event ineligible for any future approved International events in any IRSA or ISAF class.

This ban lasts for 3 years according to ISAF , and it would affect people who sail Footys and other models ( such as IOM )

Even if this trick could be a smart move aimed to "protect" footy class from overcompetitive skippers, so far - as organizer - we have not the freedom to change the policy of our class.

We wouldn't want anyone to avoid the event because they were afraid to jeopardize their position with ISAF, and for this reason we have considered the possibility to use words such as "global" or "Footy Grand Prix" ( removing the word Euro ).

Our final decision has been " FOOTY GOLD CUP".

Roger has been able to have a confirm that the title Footy Gold Cup is okay as far as ISAF is concerned and would not cause any eligibility problem for competitors taking part.

Following this decision, we have renamed the website as www.footygoldcup.org

We have removed the year (2012) and we have used .org instead of .it having in mind to retain this web site as a perpetual one during future editon in other countries.

+

Other updates :

- hotel fees have been lowered

- official program and notice of race will be released soon

- we have designed a purpose made logo

- competitors registration will start during next month

Additional details on next posts.

Flavio

Default Footy Gold Cup Logo

Following championship change of name, we have modified the logo that we will use for this event ( to be used for badges, and gadgets )

Even if this a small detail, we have spent a lot of time testing different colour schemes and fonts.

Miss Laura Cattorini, a professional graphic expert, helped us to give a final touch to our effort.

This is the result ( thank you Laura )

Name:	ct3xx.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	594.3 KB
ID:	10125

I am happy to report that Hotel Losetta informed us that their fees for this summer are :

- two persons (double room ) : 40 eur each Bed and Breakfast, or 50 eur dinner included.

- one person only : 56 eur for B&B and 70 eur dinner included.

We have also asked them the price for "lunch pack" for saturday and sunday ( softdrink / water + 2 sandwiches + fruit ). I will give you notice about their reply.

As usual during lunch break we will be busy replacing batteries, repairing broken servos and possibility to have something to eat at hand will very useful.

Of course competitor will have - if they wish - the possibility to enjoy a real spaghetti meal at nearby restaurant or a wonderful barbecue facility.

More about scheduled timetable next time .

Flavio

www.footygoldcup.org

see here the preliminary version of the logo

Name:	logo1 .jpg
Views:	120
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	10126

Default Footy Gold Cup - NOTICE OF RACE

Dear friends, I am happy to infor you that we have issued an official Notice of Race ( NOR ) , and that within tomorrow, we will also start to accept competitors registrations on www.footygoldcup.org

Important points to be underlined :

1 - Entry fee will be 30 eur for each competitor, and will be for free for "skipper's guests"

Money will be used for :

- insurance
    - prizes
    - gadgets
    - basic logistic
    - race officers ( we will offer them food beer and bed for free )

Entry fee will not cover food and accommodation

2 - Maximum number of competitors will be approximately 40 boats
    We hope to have a balanced mix of italian and international competitors
    In case number of request will exceed 40, confirmation will be granted based on day of receipt

+

Please be informed that we have been able to reduce , once again, cost of hotel & food for all persons involved with this event ( competitors, guests, staff )

More details about the matter on next post

+

Flavio

see here part 1 of notice of race ( part 2 : tomorrow )

NOTICE OF RACE
    Footy Gold Cup 2012
    July 21-22 2012, Sestriere, Italy

Rules:
    The regatta will be carried out under the FOOTY Class Rules (RC & free sailing) as defined in the main IFCA web site http://footy.rcsailing.net/rules.php .
    The intention throughout is to keep racing informal and fun – but ruthlessly competitive in the nicest sense.

Eligibility:
    The regatta is open to all boats of the Footy Class whose owners are current members of IFCA and who are properly registered with the Class Rules and who reported the willingness to participate in the contest in an applicable manner.

Entry Fees
    The entry fee covering both days will be 30 € for the skipper, to be paid at registration.

Schedule:
    (subject to modification based on event conditions)

Friday
    Afternoon: arrival of skipper, registration and free practice

Saturday
    09.00-10.00 Free practice and registration of models and participants
    10.00-10.30 FOOTY RC Skippers meeting
    10.30-12.30 FOOTY RC racing
    12.30-14.00 Lunch
    14.00-17.30 FOOTY RC Racing

Sunday
    09.30-10.00 FOOTY RC Skippers Meeting
    10.00-13.00 FOOTY RC racing
    13.00-14.00 Lunch
    14.00-16.00 FOOTY RC racing
    16.30-17.30 Awards distribution

Racing will be held at the low side of the Losetta Lake, near the Sestriere town,
    Last edited by Flavio; 04-19-2012 at 07:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread