+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 43-900

Default Re: 43-900

Came across this web site some time ago and thought it might be of some use to calculate your required servo torque.

http://www.joliebrisemodels.co.uk/te....html#calcwind

Obviously, the results given are only sheet loads and do not take into consideration any frictional loses in the system, but at least its a starting point.

Regards,

Row

Thank you Row, very usefull !
    ClaudioD

Hi Claudio, very cool ... particularly with wet sheeting working on 90 degree turns, this idea will help reduce drag considerably (CAP bearing pulley) but need to careful that it is not too over-engineered.

Cheers Alan
    You can only create, what you can imagine

Hi Alan
    was just an idea, while waiting my band saws, and it turn out that it is feasable also with the simple vire fixation and is strong enought to carry the load.
    Certanly the advantage of a pulley reducing the friction is not very much energy save compared to the 90 bent tube !

Today I'm working around the idea of installing a genoa, but the few schematic circuits found are very complex, any help in this direction ?
    I'm preparing a deck mock up to install one of the circuits found in order to understand as it work !

Have you seen as is working the genoa in this model ? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05945XVmzeI

Cheers
    ClaudioD

Claudio, The Sprinta is a very nice quarter tonner and looking at the video sails beautifully with Genoa at all points of the wind, can only guess it uses dedicated servo with some sort of spring device to move the genoa so quickly when going about. (see genoa sheeting tension)

Also like the main traveller, wonder if you can adjustable it while on the water, that would be a dream

I have send e-mail off to the manufactuer to see if they can provide any further information.

Cheers Alan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sprinta bow.jpg‎
Views:	80
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	8157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sprinta stern.jpg‎
Views:	101
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	8158  
    Last edited by K1W120; 06-02-2011 at 04:36 AM.

Hi Alan -

if you get a reply, and if not too much trouble - would you mind posting information here? This boat (and the RUBIN) are two that have interested me for some time. They sail nice, and look like a "real" boat when on the water. Much appreciated of any information you find/get. Thank you Dick
    Dick Lemke
    Minnesota, USA
    AMYA member

"The F-48 Multihull Class - Remarkable for its rarity - unmatched in originality"

I would like to knows myself, but I'm pretty sure that the answer will be : buy one Sprinta RC ! ~ 750 €
    It is written that the genoa is controlled by servo computer, what that mean ?

Meanwhile I draw up a circuit for that purpose. It requires of course 2 winches
    I do not know if I made some mistake with all these wirings !! let me knows if you have comments !

The winch 2 simply move the "ring" from right to left.
    The tighten /ease off is carried out classically by the Winch 1

Since all the drawings togheter where rather messy, I just separated the functions with the relative drawings.
    In the drawing 3 the ease off the Jib is controlled by the winch 1 as well the Main.

Increasing the lenght of the blue line impose the move of the winch2 toward the bow.

If necessary, the weight balance could consider the relative position of the two winches as far can be done inside the hull.

Actually the set up is referred to the CD 43" and this may give the idea of the circuits lenghts.

ClaudioD

PS :

I wonder if with the appropriated dimensions of the two drums, one could use the same command to drive both winches.
    actually as reported in the drawings :

Winch 1 travel sheet for 310mm going to main and Jib
    Winch 2 travel sheet to move from right to left for 510mm
    Last edited by claudio; 06-02-2011 at 01:44 PM. Reason: added text

I am planning a similar setup on my J boat when it gets built. I figure a 280 winch for which side and a 380 to control sheeting.
    Jfisher
    Star 45 national champ 09,10 Star # 842
    Julie Ayers Winner 08
    10R national champ 07 10R #12
    RG-65 #577
    M #3718

Possible sail plan with genoa !

ClaudioD

It's a holiday here in Germany so won't get response until Monday but will feed-back what they have, Dick their site is here http://www.ramoser.de/home_d/sprinta...inta_rc_d.html in German, if you look under handler, there is a list of dealers including 2 in the U.S Dick, but suspect they maybe only flight boys as the company makes props.

Company is near Munich (approx 3 hrs) and thinking of making run, if there is possibility to test sail & if it works as well as it looks, I can feel my credit card getting excited

Keep you posted on feed-back. Cheers Alan

+ Reply to Thread