+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J boats

Default J boats

Well I made it to the local pond last weekend with a couple of J boats. They are a lot of work to get ready and transport, but they sure are nice on the water. Hopefully I will have all 4 out for the July 4th celebration.

Download Attachment: [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] SHAMRIG1.JPG
    60.79KB

Download Attachment: [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] NDVRSHM2.JPG
    58.4KB

Man, those are serious model yachts![:-thumbu][img]../forum1/images/speech/icon_speech_wow.gif[/img][img]../forum1/images/speech/icon_speech_yeah.gif[/img]
    Larry they look magnificant and I am sure they look even better on the water.
    <font color="orange"><font size="2">Well done mate.</font id="size2"></font id="orange">[:-tophat][:-tophat][img]../forum1/images/speech/icon_speech_ok.gif[/img]

Do it NOW before it`s too late.

That's just sick !! [] Veeeeeeeerrry nice !!! I guess you need a Hummer for that ?

Wim
    www.rciona.tk

what type of winch does these behemoths use? automotive power window motors?
    ed

wismerhell Guest

wow..they are HUGE but look so great...you have some pics on the water??

Thanks for sharing

Wis

_/ if it isn't broken, don't fix it! \_

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

Not Larry's boats (I think), but here is the fleet at race week east last summer:

http://www.center-of-effort.com/wind...opic.php?t=618

The Other Matt

wismerhell Guest

if one day I get one of these...DIVORCE for sure []

Matt, thanks for the pic

Wis

_/ if it isn't broken, don't fix it! \_

http://wismerhell.esmartdesign.com/index.htm

True, but then again ... you could almost live on one of those ... []

Hey they are not THAT bad... hauling them around is a bother when you have to move several... but one will fit in a full size Bronco. The mast is 10'which means depending on how you do your mast head you can just barely get it in and close the rear window. The hardest thing is if you want to sail one when no one else is around... that takes some planning. Since I am hoping to get to haul these (and many other classes as well) around with me all over the USA, I just got a trailer that I am customizing to carry the 4 J boats, 3 EC-12's, 2 Santa Barbaras and a partridge in a... no make that a Soling M, Marblehead and 10R.

Hey Ed.. you peeking in my shop? Yes RAINBOW does infact use a auto car window mech for a winch, but I have Graupners in 2 and I am putting a brand new RMG in the newest boat. How about this.. where as ALL the other boats (except Rainbow)use seperate winches for main and jib...because of the loads. Rob from RMG tells me that the 380 HD will handle BOTH sails... heheheh now that is what we like MORE HORSEPOWER ! Way to go ROB ! We are getting pics done to set up the new website, so there will be some better pics coming soon.

That was a nice tag add-on about Mystic, they just had the first in the round robin tourney at Spring Lake last weekend (9 boats), and the old ACCR now Nats Champ will be at Mystic in 2 weeks. I would love to be there... maybe next year...but just not setup for it in time this year. South Texas to CT. is quite a haul. The good news is I am centrally located.. the bad news is the nearest race is 1400 miles away! We will have a fleet here before long, as there are already 2 boats needed locally, and we have a total of 6 already. You can't spell maJestic... without a J !

Here is a picture of Endeavor II on the water. They are a pain to move around, until you get them in the water... then it is just fun. I remember when I thought a 6' mast was a big boat and how small it looked out on the water, people would not think about size until it was along side the dock.. this is even worse! It really doesn't look large at all (as long as there are no other boats nearby) This was the first time this boat was in the water and it went just fine.

Download Attachment: [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] NDVSIL13.JPG
    59.82KB

+ Reply to Thread